WSPR reception setup using RTL-SDR dongle V3
What you need:
- Windows XP / 7 / 10 OS PC (Linux possible too but with different SDR program: GQRX)
- Make sure to sync your PCs clock to NTP server before reception as WSPR use strictly scheduled 2min time frames!
- RTL-SDR dongle: http://www.rtl-sdr.com/buy-rtl-sdr-dvb-t-dongles/
- Installing SDR# and the RTL-SDR dongle drivers
A. download “SDR sofwtare package”: http://airspy.com/download/
B. run “install-rtlsdr.bat” to install drivers for the dongle
C. start SDR# and to the following configuration:
5. Instal VB-Audio Virtual Cable
6. Set “Audio Output” in SDR# to CABLE Input (VB-Audio Virtual Cable)
- Download and install WSPR-X program:
- In WSPR-X go into setup and configure “Audio In:”to CABLE output (VB-Audio Virtual Cable)
- Configure your callsign and other parameters
- After starting SDR# the green signal strength indicator bar in WSPR-X should move, set the volume to normalize that.
- Enjoy! 🙂