TH-D74 Connecting to a PC
Memory Control Program MCP-D74
Follow the procedure below to connect this software to TH-D74.
The connection method is different when using a USB 2.0 cable or the Bluetooth function. Check the connection method before connecting this software to TH-D74.
- Check the configurations in TH-D74.
The configurations in TH-D74 differ according to the connection method. Check the table below to see if the TH-D74 menu has been configured correctly. For details on the configuration method of the TH-D74 transceiver, refer to the TH-D74 USER GUIDE.
Menu Name Menu Number Connect with USB 2.0 cable Connect with Bluetooth function GPS Basic Settings Operating Mode 403 Normal Normal Configuration Interface USB Function 980 COM+AF/IF Output – Configuration Bluetooth Bluetooth 930 – On Configuration Bluetooth Auto Connect 936 – On or Off
- When using a USB 2.0 cable, connect the USB 2.0 micro B male plug to the micro USB terminal of the TH-D74 transceiver, and insert the USB A male plug to the USB terminal of the PC.
- For the connection method of the TH-D74 transceiver and PC, refer to the TH-D74 USER MANUAL.
- The USB 2.0 cable for connecting to a PC is not supplied with TH-D74. Please prepare a USB 2.0 cable.
- Use a USB 2.0 cable to connect the TH-D74 transceiver directly to a PC. This software may not work properly if it is connected via a USB hub.
- When using the Bluetooth function, check the pairing between the PC and the TH-D74 transceiver.
When connecting the TH-D74 transceiver to a PC for the first time where this software has been installed, information in both devices will be registered (pairing).
- For the precaution regarding connection and pairing method of the TH-D74 transceiver and PC, refer to the TH-D74 USER MANUAL.
- The TH-D74 transceiver is equipped with an SPP (Serial Port Profile) for connecting to a PC and a HSP (Headset Profile) for connecting to a headset. This allows you to connect to 1 device respectively.