SDS200 True I/Q™ TrunkTracker X Base/Mobile Scanner
The SDS200 is the mobile version of the portable SDS100. The SDS100 was developed with new technology, so not be compared with earlier models. Same counts for the SDS200. It is total new technology and totally different from other mobile models like BCT15X or BCD536. Technology of SDS100 and SDS200 is now based on SDR chip technology. That allowed the SDS100 and the new SDS200 to have several new features. The SDS200 has a large display that can be programmed for many different colors. And of course the SDS200 has the famous Uniden trunking technics that no other brand of scanners is offering.
<< “Uniden extends the True I/Q portfolia with the SDS200 True I/Q Scanner. Boasting incredible digital performance in even the most challenging RF environments, the SDS200’s digital performance is better than any other scanner in both simulcast and weak-signal environments. The SDS200 also lets you decide what to display, where, and in what color. Custom fields put the information important to you right where you want. And, one more first, the SDS200 includes an integrated Ethernet interface that allows for remote programming, streaming, updates, and control”.>>
Looking at the front of the SDS200 you will notice the ethernet connection socket. That slot can be used to connect the scanner to a computer and the internet. It will allow control, programming and streaming of the scanner and the signals received. Laws in Europe and USA are different. In USA it is common to publish police or other public service communications through a website on the internet as a streaming service. In Europe it is not always legal to distribute signals that are being received. Certainly not if the signal is coded or scrambled. But trunking is not encrypting or coded. It is jumping through several frequencies to allow more users on a limited number of channels.
SDS200E – Europe Version
For Europe there will be the SDS200E. The model is expected to arrive on European marker in second quarter of this year. For SDS100E users had to purchase activation keys for DMR, NXDN and ProVoice or purchase a model that had these activations already entered.
The European model SDS200E will be sold with DMR, NXDN and ProVoice already activated by the factory. The final price for the European market is not published yet,
- True I/Q™ Receiver
- TrunkTracker X
- Direct Ethernet Connectivity for Streaming and Control
- Complete USA/Canada Radio Database
- Location Control for Simple Operation
- 3.5″ Customizable Color Display
Introducing the SDS200, Uniden’s latest and most advanced base/mobile digital trunking scanner.
The SDS200 incorporates the latest True I/Q receiver technology, which provides the best digital decode performance in the industry, even in challenging receive environments.
The SDS200’s other major features includes:
- 3.5″ Customizable Color Display
- 1.5X Din-E (300 mm x 75 mm) chassis
- Ext. Sp. Jack
- Auxiliary USB Type A jack for future expansion
- Ethernet connectivity for remote streaming and control*
- Trunktracker X
- APCO P25 Phase I and II
- Motorola, EDACS, and LTR Trunking
- MotoTRBO Capacity + and Connect +**
- DMR Tier III**
- Hytera XPT**
- Single-Channel DMR**
- NXDN 4800 and 9600**
- EDACS ProVoice**
- Location-Based Scanning
- USA/Canada Radio Database
- ZIP Code Selection for Easy Setup
- GPS Connectivity for simple mobile operation
- Close Call™ RF Capture with Do Not Disturb
- 8 GB micro SD
- Soft Keys for Intelligent UI
- Recording, Playback, and Replay
- Temporary Avoid
- Fire Tone-Out Alert
- System Analysis and Discovery
- CTCSS/DCS/NAC/RAN/Color Code Decoding
- S.A.M.E. Weather Alert
- Enhanced Dynamic Memory
- Preemptive Trunking Priority
- Multi-Site System Scanning
- Fully Customizable Scanning with your own Favorites Lists
- Backlit Keypad
- Channel Volume Offset
- PC Programming and Control
- USB Connectivity
- Weekly Database Updates
- Free Sentinel Software keeps the SDS200 database and memory up to date
- Frequency Coverage:
- 25-512 MHz
- 758-824 MHz
- 849-869 MHz
- 895-960 MHz
- 1240-1300 MHz
* Additional or 3rd-Party software may be required.
** Paid upgrades required for DMR, NXDN, and ProVoice monitoring
Downloads | Support
Uniden SDS200 User Manual
SDS200 Firmware Update Change LogBCDx36HP Sentinel Version 2 01 00
All firmware updates are done using Sentinel.
First release firmware adds additional countermeasures to help in strong signal areas (especially for VHF/UHF). It also adds a user option to set the default RF High Pass Filter (HPF) used.