The OPEK HCS-100 is a 26-31MHz high-gain 3-section commercial-grade 10/11m fibreglass omnidirectional base antenna. It is water- and weatherproof, a must in saltwater areas.
The durable construction can withstand 90 mph (40m/sec.) wind speed Signifi cantly reduced precipitate static and lower background noise. Excellent insulation; less interference from rain; sleet and snow.
Opek HSC-100 A high quality wide-band base antenna, covering all CB bands plus the 10m Amateur band.
Similar to the Solarcon A99 but the build quality is far superior, the quality of the finish reminds me of Diamond Amateur antenna.
Supplied in 3 sections that simply screw together.
The top section has an adjustable internal whip, allowing you to tune the antenna from 26-31MHz.
Opek HSC-100 key features and specifications are as follows:
- Durable fiberglass rods offer:
– Water and weather proof; a must in saltwater areas
– Durable construction withstands 90MPH(40M/SEC.) wind speed
– Significantly reduced precipitate static and lower background noise
– Excellent insulation; less interference from rain; sleet and snow
- Insulation voltage: 14;500 Volts Max.
- 3-section 5.72-meter(18.8FT) overall length; for easy installation
- Mast diameter accepted: 30~62φmm (1-3/16″~ 2-7/16″)
- No ground plane design
- Retractable adjusting of the whip length for working between 26-31MHz (Without cutting the whip)
- Easy fine tuning with 2 built-in tuning rings
- Built-in SUPER DURABLE ALUMINUM EXTRUSION MOUNTING BRACKET
- Durable fiberglass rods offer:
Opek HSC-100 Electrical Specifications
- Gain ……………………………DC Ground 5.75 dB
- VSWR …………………………Less than 1.15 for CB Band
- …………………………Less than 1.5 throughout the entire bandwidth(after tuned)
- Frequency ……………………26~31 MHz
- Polarization ………………….Vertical
- Impedance …………………. 50 Ohm
- Power Capacity ……………2000 Watts
- Configuation ………………..Half Wave Over a Quarter Wave; Mutual Variable Transductance Tuning
- Connector ………………..SO-239 UHF JACK
OMNI-DIRECTIONAL HIGH GAIN COMMERCIAL/ HAM/CB BASE STATION ANTENNA MODEL : HCS-100
Price: 108,00 euros
Before you begin installation, read this manual and the separate recommendation information sheet. For your safety and convenience, plan each step of the installation in advance.
1. Refer to drawing (rear side of this instruction). Loosen the set screw (part #17) using the supplied “L” wrench ( part #15) , and slide the radiator element (part #14) into the radiator joint (part #4) to correct length of each frequency showing the adjustment chart, then tighten the set screw (part #17).
2. Screw up the bottom joint of upper section (part #3) tightly onto the top joint of center section (part #4).
3. Screw up the bottom joint of center section (part #6) tightly onto the top joint of bottom section (part #7).
4. Secure the mounting bracket (part #13) to mounting pole (not included) in desired location using U-Bolts ( part #12), locking nuts (part #10), locking washers (part #11). Tighten it securely with wrench (not included).
5. Run the cable from radio to the bottom of mounting bracket (part #13) and screw PL-259 on cable end tightly onto SO-239 connector at the bottom of mounting bracket (part #13).
Fine-Tuning Procedure (After Roof-Mounting)
1. Check SWR at low and high of frequency band ( for example ch.1 & ch.40 of the CB band ).
2. If the SWR is better at low ( ch.1-CB ) than at high ( ch.40-CB ), Raise up the twin tuning-rings by 1/4~1/2 turn.
3. If the SWR is better at high ( ch.40-CB ) than at low ( ch.1-CB ). Lower down the twin tuning-rings by 1/4~1/2 turn. Repeat the step 2 & 3 till the SWR is nearly the same in the low band and the high band of frequency and the best performance will be obtained. Then tighten the twin tuning-rings against each other.
ABOUT OPEK Antennas
Autotek Limited is a wireless company established in 1981 by Charles, Wen-Shou, Wu-a professional electronic engineer and a former radio officer in Chinese Army.
We are a growing company with aggressive business strategies, and an excellent credit standing. Our engineers are exceptionally well qualified and all of our company personnel are dedicated professionals with high morale. We handle all of our business dealings with complete confidence and well laid plans. Thus, despite of the fact that many of our competitors were forced out of business or into financial difficulties during recent challenging economic periods, our company grew stronger and stands ready to serve you today.
Our basic business strategies are offering fine quality products which perform as well as the most famous brands at the most competitive prices with excellent service. We warrant all of our products to be free of defects in material and workmanship for a period of 180 days from shipping date. Furthermore, we always remain sensitive to the needs of our customers and make customer satisfaction our highest priority.