DMR, DStar, C4FM and P25 Digital Hostspot
The NANO-SPOT is a completely self-contained digital hotspot supporting all four amateur digital communication modes. (DMR, D-Star, P-25 and System Fusion) All that’s required for operation is a power source and WiFi based internet connection.
Designed specifically for use with the MMDVM open source software platform created by Jonathon Naylor (G4KLX). The Pi-Star digital voice dashboard software created by Andrew Taylor (MW0MWZ) is pre-installed and extremely easy set up right out of the box. Pi-Star’s unique automated software update feature make it very easy to keep your Nano-Spot up to date with the most current software and features.
Nano-Spot has a built-in OLED status display that indicates the active mode of operation as well as the call sign and talk group of the current user. The built-in UHF (430-450Mhz) programmable simplex radio allows easy access from your digital handheld or mobile radio.
The Built-in WiFi 802.11bgn network radio makes connecting with multiple wireless routers, cell phone hotspots or mobile routers easy and seamless. The Nano-Spot will select the nearest pre-programmed wireless network automatically.
The built-in USB Type Mini B console port allows access to the Linux Operating system for advanced users when WiFi network access is unavailable.
The built-in USB Type A accessory port can be interfaced with an optional external Nextion display or GPS receiver for APRS tracking. These options are currently in development and will be available at a future date.
- Supports PI-STAR’s web based digital voice dashboard and configuration tool
- Supports all four digital amateur modes DMR, D-Star, P25 and System Fusion
- Built-in WiFi: 802.11b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0
- Built-in OLED system status display indicating Mode, Talk Group and Call Sign
- Built-in LED indicators for status of Power, PTT, COS and Mode
- USB Accessory port for optional external Nextion display
- USB Console port for hardware root level access to the operating system
- Quad Core A7 1.2GHz Processor, 512mb DDR3 RAM and 8gb eMMC Flash
- ·Durable extruded aluminum enclosure (L 86mm x W 57mm x H 26mm )
- Fully assembled and tested Nano-Spot
- UHF and Wifi antennas
- USB hardware console port cable
- USB Power cable
- 100-240VAC wall wart power supply
- Quick start guide
- One year warranty
GETTING STARTED WITH THE NANO-SPOT MOBILE HOTSPOT
There are two configuration procedures that need to be completed before you can use the Nano-Spot. The first procedure sets up the initial WiFi connection allowing access to Pi-Star’s configuration pages. The second procedure is performed using Pi-Star’s web browser interface to configure user identification and the four modes of operation.