DMR Contact Manager
DMR Contact Manager is a custom-designed software package designed for use with Connect Systems CS700/CS701/CS750/CS800/CS801/CS800D radios, as well as the Tytera MD-380/390/390GPS, TYT MD2017/MD9600, AnyTone AT-D868UV and AT-D858, Retevis RT3, and similar radios that use the RDT/RDB file formats. These units are MOTOTRBO-compatible DMR mobile radios suitable for both commercial and amateur radio applications.
Contact Manager makes it easy to maintain channel, zone, contact and call group information in these radios. It is fully compatible with the DMR-MARC database system and allows instant codeplug updates from a wide variety of sources.
The latest Contact Manager release supports channel editing (both individual and mass), importing, and exporting, as well as zone and scan list management for RDT and RDB files. It’s now a snap to move channels and zones between codeplugs – – and with Contact Manager’s built-in IntelliPaste functionality, associated contact information is always imported right along with channels whenever it’s needed – – so that your imported channels work right the first time!
Contact Manager also allows codeplug data to be easily moved between different radio types. Create one master codeplug and easily distribute it across platforms. The Structural Import feature allows you to move data instantly between different codeplug families – – for example, you can populate an AnyTone AT-868UV codeplug from the contents of a Connect Systems CS800D codeplug – – all zones, scan lists, channels, and contacts will be moved and will work identically in the target codeplug.
Advanced edit, search, and sorting functions allow quick and easy visualization of codeplug contents. The latest version incorporates improved codeplug error detection, and will let you know if there are problems in a codeplug when you load it.
Contact Manager features direct connectivity to the DMR-MARC online database. Worldwide call and user information is instantly available, and directly importable into any codeplug. No more manual retyping of contact information – – and for clubs supporting this radio, incorporation of users into standardized codeplugs is now simple and automated. Simply have your users register with DMR-MARC and let Contact Manager update your organization’s official codeplug. It’s that easy!
Contact Manager is a free-standing, complete program. It is not dependent upon Excel or other applications, and does not require them to operate – so put down those CSV and XLS files before you put your eye out!
DMR Contact Manager is now available for download.
Latest Software Edition
The following enhancements are included in Version 2.50:
- As of April 15, 2018, the DMR-MARC database download format has changed. The software has been updated to accomodate this change. To continue to use the DMR-MARC database feature, please download the application again.
- Version 2.50 introduces two powerful new features, Channel Mass Change and Zone Wizard. The program supports the AnyTone AT-D868UV through CPS 1.21 (we’re working with AnyTone to interoperate between later CPS versions). Support for all previous models, including the newer Connect Systems CS800D, CS750 (Type 1 and 2), TYT MD-2017 and MD-9600 dual band DMR radios, is included. If you’ve got one of these radios, use Contact Manager to build the perfect codeplug – – use Contact Manager’s Structural Import feature to splice together information from your existing codeplug(s) and be on the air in minutes! See Section 6 of the documentation. The full contact capacities of the new AT-D868UV (160,000 contacts) and CS800D (130,000 contacts) are fully supported.
- The Channel Mass Change feature allows you to specify a very wide range of changes to be applied to groups of channels in both FM and DMR modes. You can easily move groups of channels to a new time slot, talk group, or frequency (as well as many other choices); the editor allows quick renaming of channels, and as a bonus, changes can be applied to copy channels while they’re being edited – – so for DMR users, it’s now a piece of cake to set up a new repeater and its various talkgroups by inheriting from an existing repeater’s setup. No more manual programming!
- To go with the Mass Change command, we’ve also added Zone Wizard. Zone Wizard creates new zones from selected groups of channels, and can also automatically configure scan lists for zone channels in just a couple of clicks. No more manual programming for scan lists!
- We’ve also enhanced DMR-MARC contact downloads by adding a “refresh” checkbox. Checking this box tells Contact Manager to update existing contacts in the codeplug with new information from DMR-MARC, very useful for picking up call sign and location changes.
- For AT-D868UV users, Contact Manager populates all contact fields from the DMR-MARC database, eliminating the need for a separate CSV upload.IMPORTANT: For use with AnyTone CPS 1.26 and later, use the CPS Tool->Export Data Conversion File command to produce a DCF file readable by Contact Manager.
- For all users, the speed of DMR-MARC and Structural Import operations has been increased nearly 100-fold. This means that it’s possible to populate a codeplug with the entire worldwide database in under four seconds total. Structural Imports now require only seconds, instead of minutes, even with large contact databases.
- MD2017/9600 users, Contact Manager supports the full capacity of your radio (3,000 channels, 10,000 contacts, and dual-bank zones.
- Version 2.50 continues complete cross-codeplug Structural Import. With this functionality you can freely import your choice of complete sets of contacts, scan lists, receive groups, channels, and zones from ANY donor codeplug of ANY supported type (RDT or RDB, it makes no difference.) With Structual Import you can start with any codeplug and pull in just the items you need from other codeplugs.Example #1: If you like the way your MD-380 codeplug works and you’ve got a brand new CS800, just import the MD-380 structure, complete with contacts, scan lists, and zones right into the MD9600, MD2017, CS800D, or any other codeplug. With Structural Import you can do this with just a couple of mouse clicks!Example #2: Suppose you’ve got a new CS800D and two older DMR VHF/UHF radios with information you’d like to combine. Simply use Structural Import to pull in all the information you need from the codeplug for each radio (two Structural Import commands), and in minutes you’ll be in business.
- Support for the DMR-MARC database has been enhanced. We’ve added an Entire Database (WW) button to the DMR-MARC search dialog to let you simply pull all worldwide contacts in. (Right now there are about 80,000 contacts in the WW database…so for RDB radios, you can still “hold the world in your hand” for a little while!)
- You can also freely copy contacts, channels, and zones between RDT (CS700/MD380/MD2017), RDB (CS750/800/others), and Anytone (AT-D868UV) – formatted codeplugs. No more spreadsheets! This means that if you’ve got a favorite setup in one type of radio, you can quickly replicate it on all of your other radios. It’s as simple as copy and paste – – Contact Manager’s IntelliPaste technology takes care of the work for you behind the scenes.
- No need to learn a different software package for each kind of radio! Contact Manager maintains the same look and feel, regardless of the type of radio you’re programming.
- For RDT codeplugs, all of the previous functionality is still available. You may freely edit contacts, channels, zones, scan lists, group lists, and related data.
- ContactManger introduces IntelliPaste technology. When moving channels between codeplugs, Contact Manager evaluates any contact data associated with each channel, and automatically moves any needed contact information to the target codeplug if it’s needed. It does this intelligently, so only the necessary contact records are moved. No spreadsheets, no hair pulling. It just works!
- Future plans? … Let me know what you’d like to see. Thank you to everyone for supporting this project!
DMR Contact Manager Documentation (PDF) This is the complete documentation for the software in PDF format.