EXPANDED RF & Air Craft AM
1. Remove power and antenna.
2. Remove screws open case.
3. Locate and Cut Diode D4 on the LOGIC board. (VHF 118-135 Mhz)
4. Locate and Cut Diode D5 on the LOGIC board. (UHF)
5. Install a jumper at “land” point. (VHF) Located right of D9.
6. Install a diode (1SS181) at Location D9 on the LOGIC board.
7. Reassemble the radio
8. Reset the microprocessor. (Press and hold [SET] & [MW] and turn radio on)
CROSS BAND REPEATER PROCEDURES
TURN ON – Set VHF & UHF Frequencies in DUAL WATCH mode. Press and hold [BAND] and press [SET]. Memory channel will show a flashing “L”
TURN OFF – Press [SET] key. Turning off the radio will not disable repeater mode. Note: The Mic PTT will still operate the radio in repeater model!!