The PC787 is the latest CB radio from Uniden. It replaces the PC78 series radios and has a very similar look. Right away, though, you will notice the larger meters and fewer knobs. The PC787 also uses a 6 pin microphone, unlike its predecessors.
The extra-large S/RF/SWR meter lets you check you levels with a glance. The PC787 has all the features important to you: integrated SWR meter, mic and RF gain, weather alert, noise blanker, automatic noise limiter, instant channel 9/19, and more.
- CB AM 40 channels (4W)
- 7 weather channels with Weather Alert
- Public Address function (External speaker required – not provided)
- Automatic Noise Limiter
- Noise Blanker
- Transmit/Receive LED (Red and yellow-green)
- CH9 and CH19 direct tune
- Dimmer control (High/Medium/Low)
- Variable RF Gain
- Variable MIC Gain
- Variable Tone control
- Multifunction Meter (RF, Signal Strength, and SWR)
- Variable Volume control
- Variable Squelch control
- 6-pin microphone jack
controls and functions
1. Multifunction meter. When receiving, the meter shows the received signal strength. Use CAL and SWR to tune an antenna for best performance.
2. S/RF/CAL/SWR switch: Selects S/RF, CAL, and SWR to be measured through the multifunction meter.
3. CB/WX/PA switch: Selects CB (Citizens Band) or WX (Weather) modes, or activates the PA (Public Address) feature.
Do not use the PA function unless an external speaker is connected.
4. NB+ANL/ANL/OFFswitch: Activates the Noise Blanker (NB) and Automatic Noise Limiter (ANL) features. NB reduces external noise and ANL reduces background noise from the car engine and other sources. OFF turns off both the NB and ANL features.
5. 9/19/NORM switch: Move the switch to select emergency
channel 9, channel 19, or standard CB channels.
All channels except Channel 9 may be used for normal communication. The FCC reserves Channel 9 for emergencies involving the immediate safety of individuals or protection of property. Use Channel 9 to render assistance to a motorist.
6. HIGH/MED/LOWswitch: Adjust LCD backlight brightness.
7. RX/TXLED: Indicates whether the radio is transmitting (red) or receiving (yellow-green).
8. Channel Indicator: Displays the channel currently in use.
9. 6-Pin Microphone Jack: Connects the radio to the detachable microphone (included).
10. Channel Selector knob: Turn this knob to select CB or Weather channels.
11. RF Gain inner knob: Turn the inner knob to reduce interference in strong signal areas.
12. MIC Gain outer knob: Turn the outer knob to adjust the microphone sensitivity.
13. CAL inner knob: Turn the inner knob to calibrate the meter for Standing Wave Ratio (SWR) measurements.
14. TONE outer knob: Turn the outer knob to change the tone quality.
15. VOL inner knob: Turn the inner knob to turn the radio on and off and to adjust the volume.
16. SQUELCH outer knob: Turn the outer knob to reduce background noise when there is no incoming signal.
17. Antenna socket: Connects antenna to the unit.
18. PA SP: Connects optional external 8-ohm, 4-watt speaker for use as a public address system.
To prevent acoustic feedback, separate the microphone from the speaker when operating the PA at high output levels.
19. EXT. SP: Connects optional external 8-ohm, 4-watt speaker for CB and WX operation.
When the external speaker is plugged in, the internal speaker is off.
20. POWER: Connects DC power to transceiver.
22. PTT: Push-to-Talk.
Wireless CB Microphone Installation (Optional)
Your PC787 is compatible with Uniden’s BC906W Wireless CB Microphone. With a range up to 300 feet, the BC906W allows you to use your CB to communicate even when you need to get out of your vehicle. Follow the instructions provided in the BC906W kit to install the wireless microphone.
Frequency Range: 26.965 – 27.405 MHz
Frequency Control: PLL Synthesizer
Antenna Impedance: 50 ohms
Power Input: 13.8VDC
TX: AM Full Modulation: 2.1A (max)
RX: At no signal: 400mA
Operating Temperature: -22°F to 140°F (-30°C to 60°C)
Accessories: DC Power Cord
Microphone Microphone Hanger Mounting Bracket
Size (W x D x H): 7.25 in. x 7.5 in. x 2.25 in.
(without knobs and jacks) (184.149 mm x 190.50 mm x 57.15 mm)
Weight: 2.2 Pounds
Output Power: 4 watts
Emission Type: 6A3
Hum and Noise: Better than 40 dB
Frequency Tolerance: ±0.002%
Modulation Percentage (Peak): 100%
Spurious Rejection: -70 dB
Output Impedance: 50 ohm, unbalanced
Sensitivity at 10 dB S+N/N: 0.5 |jV
Sensitivity at 500 mW Audio Output: 0.5 |jV
Squelch Threshold: 0.5 |jV
Antenna Impedance: 50 ohms
Squelch Tight: 1000 |jV
Signal Meter S-9: 100 |jV
Audio Output Power (max.): 5 watts
Audio Output (10% Dist.): 4 watts
Adjacent Channel Rejection: 60dB
Image Rejection: 90dB
Internal Speaker Impedance: 16 ohms
External Speaker Impedance: 8 ohms
Output Power at 10% Distortion: 4 watts