VHF/UHF DIGITAL TRANSCEIVER
ICOM 50th Anniversary Limited Edition
50th Anniversary Limited Edition with New Features
DV Fast Data Mode*
By using data in place of voice frames, the ID-51E transfers data three times faster than in the DV mode. Pictures taken by an Android™ device can be quickly transmitted in the DV Fast Data mode.
* The DV Fast Data made is nai compatible with fhe low-speed data communication made.
RS-MS1A, Free Download Android™ Application
The RS-MS1A allows you to connect your Android™ device to the ID-51 E*. You can see the location of repeater sites on a map application and set them to the ID-51 E. Text messages and pictures can be sent and received with your Android™ device.
DV and FM Repeater Search Function
The repeater search function searches for nearby analog FM repeaters as well as DV repeaters using the repeater memories and the integrated GPS*.
” To use the repeater search function, the position data of the repeater is required.
Additional Dplus Reflector Link Commands
Dplus reflector link commands are added to the DR function to allow easy multiple repeater connection through the reflector.
Both Long Antenna and Standard Antenna Supplied
In addition to the standard antenna, a long antenna is supplied with the ID-51E. The long antenna is optimal for wideband reception including AM/FM broadcast stations.
Other New and Enhanced Functions (Compared to the ID-51 E)
- Increased repealer groups from 25 to 30
- * No gateway icon appears when the repeater does not connect to the gateway.
- GPS position data can be sent in the low-speed data communication mode
- Enhanced D-PRS functions with Base/ Object/Item/Weather formats
- Altitude data added to the GPS memories
- CI V commands added for new functions
- Callsign, repeater list and GPS memory import and export in the CSV format
Features retained from the ID-51 E
The dualwatch function simultaneously monitors VHF/VHF. UHF/ UHF and VHF/ UHF bands’
‘ DV/DV, AM/AM, FM-NVFM-N and DV/FM-N mode dualwatch is not available.
IPX7 Waterproof Construction
The ID-51 E has superior IPX7 waterproof protection (im depth of water for 30 minutes). It can be used in harsh outdoor environments, and for hiking, mountain biking, touring and mountain sports.
” When used with The long antenna, trie ID-51 E has IPX3 water spray resistance.
Independent AM/FM Receiver
FM and AM broadcast stations can be listened lo while usinq the dualwatch function to monitor the ham bands. When a ham band signal is received, the broadcast station is automatically muted.
When used with a microSD card (Up to 32GB), various contents Including voice memory, DV auto reply messageh TX voice message, QSO togh RX history log and GPS log data can be stored. The microSD card can also be used to update firmware and edit memories.
Integrated GPS Receiver
Your current position and altitude are shown on the display and offers a position reporting function In DV mode. The GPS log function logs your position information at regular intervals on the microSD card.
- TX voice memory (1 channel, 60 seconds) for repeated calls
- SPEECH function announces the received call sign (DV Mode), frequency, and mode
- QSO recorderfunction records incoming and outgoing calls. The voice recorder function can record an off-line conversation.
- 128 x 104 dot large full dot-matrix display
- CSV formatted communication log
- DR (0-STAR repeater) function makes it easy to access D-STAR repeaters
- 10-step battery voltage indicator
Firmware Updates / Software Downloads
|ID-51A Icom 50th Limited Edition||Repeater List & Setting Data(Version 20140725).||2014/08/22|
|ID-51E Icom 50th Limited Edition||Repeater List & Setting Data(Version 20140725).||2014/08/22|
|ID-51A Icom 50th Limited Edition||Cloning software(Revision 1.00) and manuals.||2014/08/22|
■ Android APPLICATION AND DATA CABLE
RS-MS1A: Free download software from Google Play™
OPC-2350LU: Data cable for Android™ device
■ CLONING SOFTWARE AND DATA CABLE
CS-51 PLUS: Cloning software
OPC-2318LU: Data commnication cable (USB type)