Icom ID-5100 Dual Band D-STAR Mobile Radio
Icom are pleased to announce details of the new ID-5100 dual band D-STAR mobile. As with Icom’s latest range of products, this new model has a new generation design and range of features including large, responsive touch screen LCD, Bluetooth connectivity and second station control through an Android device*.
* Optional Bluetooth unit UT-133 is required. Android software is available free.
- Large, responsive touch screen LCD
- Optional UT-133 Bluetooth unit enables audio accessory connection and Android terminal connection (CI-V via Bluetooth SPP profile).
- Optional VS-3 Bluetooth pendant earpiece microphone has volume adjust buttons, PTT and three programmable buttons. Third party Bluetooth audio accessories may also be compatible (not guaranteed).
- RS-MS1A Android application will be a free to use download. It controls the radio for DR mode operation, exchanging text messages/pictures and showing GPS location over Google Maps.
- Independent VHF and UHF band units (VV/UU capable) for 50W output
- Enhanced DR mode (also include analogue repeaters)
- Added “Nearby Repeater Scan” in DR scan function
- D-Plus reflector usability (can select “reflector” in TO field)
- DV Dual Watch for simultaneously waiting in two DV voice streams (decodes one only)
- Home button (same as ID-51 feature)
- D-PRS enhancements (details to be announced)
- 1,000 memory channels
- Built-in GPS engine (inside the controller, no EXT antenna possible)
- ESN (Electronic Serial Number) / SD Card slot (in the black box main unit).
- New HM-207 control microphone is supplied as standard.
- Wideband receiving (receives 118-137MHz(AM), 137-174/375-550MHz only)
- Antenna RX diversity (second antenna connector)
- TNC/9600bps modem connectivity
- DTMF decode (and mini-repeater control)
These are still preliminary details of the new radio series and specifications may change.