Elecraft PX3 Panadapter
- High-performance companion panadapter for the Elecraft KX3 transceiver
- Full-color waterfall and spectrum displays, with fast sweep and excellent sensitivity
- Simple plug-and-play operation—no PC, soundcard, software drivers or setup required
- Weighs just 13 oz (0.37 kg); enclosure size: 5.4 x 3.4 x 1.7″ (13.7 x 8.6 x 4.3 cm)
Portable, High-Performance Panadapter
Our new PX3 Panadapter adds a visual dimension to signal hunting, with fast, real-time spectrum and waterfall displays of band activity. Its small size and weight make it ideal for travel or field use.
The PX3 is fully integrated with the Elecraft KX3, utilizing its serial control port and RX I/Q signals*. The panadapter tracks the KX3’s VFO frequency and filter settings via on-screen cursors. You can point and click on signals by rotating and tapping the PX3’s SELECT knob.
With its very wide dynamic range and frequency span of up to 200 kHz, the PX3 offers better performance than most PC sound cards. It’s also one of the most sensitive panadapters available, detecting signals down to the noise floor of the KX3. A PC or Mac can still be connected to the KX3 (via the PX3) for use with logging and control programs.
Advanced Features and Signal Processing
PX3 features include multi-pass signal averaging to pull out weak signals, peak detection to show total activity on the band, adjustable reference level, and amplitude range scaling. There’s also a full set of programmable switches to access often-used settings.
The PX3 has a wide supply voltage range (8-15 V) and low current drain (typ. 140 mA @ 13.8 V). It includes a comprehensive manual, and is available factory assembled or as a modular, no-soldering kit.
Planned future features include:
• CW/RTTY/PSK text display
• Use of the built-in USB port with a keyboard or flash drive
• SVGA monitor output option
* The PX3 uses the KX3’s baseband RX I/Q signals. It is not compatible with the 8.2-MHz I.F. signal from the K3.