The BCD436HP is the first scanner to incorporate the HomePatrol-1’s ease of use in a traditional handheld scanner. Simply enter your zip code, and the BCD436HP will quickly select and scan channels in your local area. Here is a quick rundown of the BCD436HP’s major features.
– 4 Gigabyte microSD card holds the entire USA and Canada database of radio systems, plus leaves room for hundreds of hours of audio recording.
– Programmable Alert LED lets you set a specific color to alert you when a channel becomes active.
– TrunkTracker V with support for APCO Project 25 Phase I and Phase II, X2-TDMA, Motorola, EDACS, and LTR Trunked Radio Systems
– Quick Key access to 100 Favorites Lists, 100 Systems per Favorites List, and 100 Departments per System.
– Discovery Modes help you find new channels on trunked systems and frequency ranges.
– Analysis Modes include Band Scope, RF Power Plot, Trunked System Analysis, and EDACS/LTR LCN Finder.
– Flexible Easy Channel Selection using Zip Code or GPS and Service Types — just pick the kinds of channels you want to hear and tell the BCD436HP where you are and let it do the rest.
– Easy Scan Control using the dedicated System, Department and Channel Hold buttons.
– Complete Front-Panel Programmability — create custom Favorites Lists either using systems from the main database as a starting point or program your systems from scratch.
– Temporary Avoid lets you quickly silence unwanted systems, departments, or channels while allowing you to restore them by cycling power.
– Backlight-on-Squelch option allows the backlight to remain on during an entire transmission.
– Date/Time indication on display with time stamping for recordings.
– Trunked and Conventional Channel Priority with Priority Do-Not-Disturb
– Close Call® RF Capture with Do-Not-Disturb automatically tunes the scanner to nearby transmissions without interrupting reception in progress.
– NOAA Weather Alert with SAME
– Two-Tone Paging with up to 32 tone slots
– Flexible Scanning — scan from any combination of the main database and Favorites Lists
– Included Sentinel Software makes database and firmware updates simple. Also allows you to create, edit, and manage your Favorites Lists.
– USB PC Connectivity – Serial GPS input for location-based scanning using the Uniden GC-GPSK or other compatible GPS receiver.
– 3 AA Battery Operation provides up to 8 hours of operation.
– SMA-type antenna.
– 192 x 160-Pixel Dot-Matrix Display
– Select/Volume/Squelch multi-control
– Side-actuated Function and Menu controls
– Backlit Display and Keypad
– Rotating Belt Clip
– Rugged construction with Rubber Side and Bottom Impact areas to improve impact resistance.
– Printed manual in the box with online updates.
Available January, 2014