EKL Components ERF-2030 RF Power Transistor
Mitsubishi discontinued the 3 most popular transistors in our industry - the 2SC2I66, 2SCI969, and 2SC23I2. These parts are already becoming scarce and prices are skyrocketing!
The panic is over! The ERF-2030 is a versatile 25 watt* RF transistor that can replace ALL THREE discontinued Mitsubishi parts!
1) The ERF-2030 is a 25 watt* transistor - therefore, it is not just a replacement part, but also an UPGRADE to the old Mitsubishi parts.
Example: EKL Components has a documented modification for turning a Galaxy 33 into a 50 watt radio using the 3pcs of the ERF-2030 and 2 companion parts.
2) The ERF-2030 is not an 'electrical drop-in replacement' for the 2SC2I66, 2SCI969, and 2SC23I2. However, circuit modifications on most radios are minimal and documentation is readily available for FREE.
3) The ERF-2030 is a 'mechanical drop-in replacement' for the 2SC2I66, 2SCI969, and
2SC23I2. This means that the ERF-2030 features a TO-220 package with the SAME pinout configuration as the 2SC2I66, 2SCI969, and 2SC23I2. Therefore, NO mechanical modifications to the ERF-2030 are necessary for most installations.
4) EKL Components manufactures a series of companion parts to the ERF-2030. The EN-I230, EN-369DR, and EN-369FN are available to make radio modifications easier and maximize performance.
Example: To do the Galaxy 33, 50 watt modification, a dealer would need to buy three ERF-2030's and two EN-369DR's - for a total dealer cost of around $ 1 1.00. The current market price for a SINGLE 2SC196 9 is almost $ 10.00. Making the ERF-203 0 and EN companion parts the smart choice!
* EKL Components rates the ERF-2030 at 25 watts PEP. This is a CONSERVATIVE rating! In lab tests and real world modifications, a single ERF-2030 has produced as much as 40 watts PEP. ALL results will vary and are solely determined by the circuit surrounding the ERF-2030.